1) sensitivity to the Bible as literature, as a library of literary works employing literary devices that demand explanation and appreciation
2) recognition of the continuity between the two testaments, OT commentaries unpacking the forward-looking dimension of the OT and NT commentaries honoring the OT backdrop for the NT
3) commitment to the authority of Scripture, even when it challenges modern sensibilities
4) treatment of the grammatico-logical connections between words, phrases, clauses, sentences, paragraphs, and so on
5) specification and fair-minded consideration of interpretive options for difficult passages (both well-worn and newly proposed options)
6) respect for theological integration with a view to shaping the mind of the church
Any you would add?